New Colour App Serves Hair Inspiration For Women Of Coloration

I've been there, bringing an image to my stylist as an instance the way in which I want her to cut my hair. I normally screenshot the first look I see, and pretty often, it's an image of a white lady. (A white lady with a flawless minimize nonetheless, but a lady whose hair appears to be like nothing like mine.) Certain, I get tons of inspiration straight from the discover web page on Instagram, and Pinterest may be useful, however I don't always discover what I am in search of. Magnificence editor-turned-lawyer Debra Shigley knows the battle. And that is precisely why she started the color app, the first-ever hairstyle inspiration database for ladies of shade. I browsed by way of Color and was delighted by what felt like a multicultural hair magazine in digital kind with so many styles to draw inspiration from. With classes like Straight, Updos, Curly, Bob, Bantu, and lots of extra, it's hard not to seek out the perfect hairstyle concept. Colour is so genius that after you're in a category (like Waves), you can also filter by occasion (date night, work, gala, wedding ceremony, vacation, and so on.). If you live in Atlanta, you can too e book and affirm appointments by means of the app with a Colour stylist who comes to your property. Although you cannot e-book an appointment if you're in, say, New York Metropolis or Stockholm, the app presents telephone consultations with shoppers worldwide. There's even a evaluate section the place you possibly can see real individuals's photos and suggestions on their expertise with Color's stylists. I chatted with Shigley over the phone and asked about her personal personal hair experiences. She described a "lifelong" wrestle with hair, beginning with having a white Jewish mom who did the best she may styling her daughter's kinky hair (Shigley's father is Afro-Jamaican). She spoke of past experiences going to mainstream salons which might usually have no clue what to do together with her hair texture, earlier than lastly experiencing the world of black hair salons. With Colour, Shigley desires girls of coloration to really feel stunning and included in the magnificence world. She goals to get rid of loads of the issues many have with conventional salon experiences and make it easier for us to get our hair executed. In the event you do happen to reside in Atlanta, you may flick thru the seems to be, guide, and pay for your appointment very like you would an Uber. Upon confirmation, you have got a welcome name with your stylist who tells you what to anticipate throughout your appointment. And if you are wondering how Colour vets their stylists, rest assured that the method isn't any joke. Shigley has them go through a really thorough pure hair audition (they're instructed to blow-dry and thermal model hair in a specific method), a structured interview, and a criminal background examine. She additionally has the stylists do her hair, which is the form of quality control I am here for. Shigley plans to expand to new cities together with Los Angeles, D.C., and Chicago, however her type database is, after all, open to anybody who downloads the app. I for one plan to be utilizing the app closely in my never-ending pursuit of recent hairstyles. With Color, Shigley hopes to create a shift in beauty and the way ladies of coloration view themselves. My blog post: http://www.laterrazza-beb.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=itemlist&task=user&id=869862

Comments