It's All About Wig Making

I am super eager to be taught wig-making, but I don't know that I'd have the endurance for it. :) Do you thoughts if I ask what the primary assets you have been looking at whenever you started? I would not even know where to start :) I totally know how arduous and daunting it may be to get began with this course of. I think it took me about 6 months to get correctly began. I did numerous analysis on the products/gadgets needed and on cap building. I think that to make wigs for yourself, it's a must to have an understanding of what you need/need and to take a look at wigs you have already got so you can start to know about the way in which that wigs are constructed. Even with full lace wigs, there are loads of variations in bases. In case you have a wig design that you actually like, you'll be able to always attempt to copy its construction. Here is my suggestions for the 'quick-lower' approach of getting began: First off... - Have a look at the posts I made after i began the blog: http://makingwigs.blogspot.co.uk/2011_05_01_archive.html - the 2nd publish reveals you fundamentals needed to get started http:// makingwigs.blogspot.co.uk/2011_06_01_archive.html. - you're going to get a basic idea of what you want to start to do - Go on Amazon or the same site and get yourself a wig making e book. A preferred one is: http://www.amazon.com/Wig-Making-Styling-Full-Theatre/dp/0240813200. - Go on You Tube and search for wig making. You will find useful videos on there. The very first thing you have to do is be taught to ventilate - there is a simple video showing tips on how to do it: For this process, you want to buy some lace (or you should use tulle from a sewing/craft retailer when you are simply practicing), some hair (low cost wefted processed hair will do), a ventilating needle and a holder. You will also want at least a styrofoam head or ideally a canvas wig block. After you have learnt to ventilate, you can start studying to make a foundation (wig cap/base). To make the wig basis/base - you will have to do research into cap types. Have a look at any wig books you will get your fingers on. Look on the bases supplied by Chinese wig making factories (they normally have a lot of pictures showing what's available for custom orders). Have a take a look at what other individuals are making on You Tube and blogs like mine. If you already have some wigs, turn them inside out and research the bases. It's possible you'll want to take previous wigs apart to learn the way they are made and maybe reuse a few of the materials and/or hair while you're studying. An necessary half of making a wig basis/base is sewing. If you don't have any sewing abilities, then now's the time to learn them. My first 2 caps (the prototype and the one I am at present ventilating onto) were totally hand sewn. You'll find extra information readily available sewing wig foundations in the book I advisable above. Whereas hand sewing takes a very long time, it's also very satisfying, a standard manner of constructing a wig basis and if you're a perfectionist like me: very neat! In the future I might be experiementing with utilizing a sewing maching for all or part of the wig basis. Even in the event you select to use a sewing machine, you continue to must understand how to use that, so when you've got zero sewing experience I recommend having a look in some books and on You Tube again and learning a bit about stitches and strategies of sewing. I hope this was useful. Update: It has been just over a 12 months since I started this blog - wonderful how time flies. For the reply above, I used to be trying back at outdated posts and i can see how far I've come in that time. I'm actually proud that I have done this all by myself. The place there's a will, there is a approach. I have to give credit score to the few mentors that I have consulted throughout this time - notably to one particular person from Greece... you'll know who you are. I appreciate the recommendation and solutions to my questions which have been given and that i hope that as I improve I'm ready to help other folks in the identical manner. Pooling our information and resources is certainly helpful. Having seen my photos from the last update, I realised how far I have come within the ventilation. I have achieved loads since then. A couple of weekends in the past, I made myself somewhat timesheet to fill in with my wig making hours. I hoped this is able to encourage me to get more performed. It labored. I did thirteen hours final week. I shall take some footage and publish them so those of you who are interested can take a look. Check out my blog post https://thomas23bojsen.blogcountry.net